Monday 9 April 2012

New Tile Tool, Raimondi leveling system review

A little while ago I did some research on various tile leveling systems. There are a few on the market with varying price ranges, and I decided to give the Raimondi leveling system. The system consists of small plastic clips shaped like a T that sits hooked under the tiles, as well as a plastic wedge that gets squeezed into an opening on the clip. The theory is that the force applied between the clip and wedge evens out the tiles creating a lippage free floor. Lippage is the amount of unevenness when installing tiles that makes some tiles sit higher than others. This results from a combination of installer, tile quality and substrate. I have to say this system works like a dream and I was impressed at how easy it was to use. The Raimondi system didn't slow down the install at all and when it sets tomorrow I'll have a smooth as glass porcelain floor. I'll post pictures of the finished result tomorrow. Here are some tiles I installed using the Raimondi system today:





Also, this is a custom reducer made from oak i made on the weekend for this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment